Applicable VersesJohn 3:1-8, 16 (NIV)
Romans 3:23 (NIV)
- Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council.
- He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."
- In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.
- "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"
- Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.
- Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
- You should not be surprised at my saying, `You must be born again.'
- The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
- "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 6:23 (NIV)
- ... for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God...
Isaiah 59:1-2 (NIV)
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Proverbs 14:12 (NIV)
- Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear.
- But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.
Romans 5:8 (NIV)
- There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.
John 10:10, 30 (NIV)
- But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
John 14:6, 9 (NIV)
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
- I and the Father are one."
John 1:12-13 (NIV)
- Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, `Show us the Father'?
Galations 5:22-23 (NIV)
- Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--
- children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.
1 Peter 3:18 (NIV)
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
- gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
1 Timothy 2:5-6 (NIV)
- For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,
Romans 10:9, 13 (NIV)
- For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
- who gave himself as a ransom for all men--the testimony given in its proper time.
1 John 5:12-13 (NIV)
- That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
- He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
- I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
Church, Christian, Salvation, Beaverton, Tigard, Lake Oswego, Portland, Oregon, Friends, Quaker, Non-Denominational, Jesus Christ, God, New Testament, NT, Old Testament, OT, Bible, Heaven, Hell, Casual, Evangelical, Intimate, Community